![]() |
| 21 Weeks |
| 20 weeks |
Gender: Female---We finally have decided on her name....Miss Ella Nicole
Movement: Yes, finally! I was getting worried...everyone kept asking me if I felt her move and I always answered no and felt guilty. I guess I kept thinking I wasn't paying attention and I must have missed it. But then yesterday laying in bed I felt the slightest nudge in my lower abdomen and then again and again. I knew it must have been Ella, although I could see where some people may have mistaken it for gas bubbles :)
Weight Gain: I would assume I'm at least up to 10 pounds....last Dr. appt I had gained a total of 6. I always forget to weigh myself at home until I've just eaten a big meal and I'm definitely not stepping on the scale right after I eat!
Food Cravings: I haven't really continually craved anything in the past 2 weeks.
Favorite Moment This Week: Finally feeling Ella move. It wasn't the butterfly feeling most talk about it; it was just a gentle nudge...6 times in a couple minutes. It was very neat! I thought I would be a little freaked out, but it really just made things more real and I feel better knowing she can move her limbs! Ha! Also, I was very excited when we finally decided on her name, which is a long, long story!
Funniest Moment This Week: I have a really open family. We discuss everything under the sun. Since my cousin has recently had 2 children she is able to share a lot with me I can discuss the changes my body is going through with her. Yesterday at dinner we of course start up this type of conversation and our husbands, especially mine, has this look on his face like why in the world are y'all discussing this right now in front of everyone. It was a pretty comical scene!
Sleeping: Thank goodness for my pregnancy pillow. I love that thing! If you have been pregnant and slept without one I don't know how you did it! Overall my sleeping hasn't really changed much. I'm sleeping through the night with no interruptions unless I ate something at dinner my stomach didn't agree with!
Maternity Clothes: Still wearing the belly band and lots of dresses. Most of the dresses I've gotten in the last year or so are made so they stretch. I'm super thankful for that. I also just recently bought some linen pants from Old Navy that have an elastic waist band that I can wear under my belly and they are so comfortable!
What I Miss: I miss being able to move and lift things. David and my family won't let me do anything and sometimes it's nice, but I'm the type of person when I want something done I want it done then and someone else isn't always around to help me do that.
What I’m Looking Forward To: The nursery got painted yesterday and the framing is going up this week. We are turning our office into the nursery and when I bought the house there was already a chair rail in there. We decided to take advantage of it and put some framing (squares) up underneath it. I'm such an indecisive person I thought it would take forever to pick out paint and be a big ordeal. David was in Tallahassee this past week so he couldn't help. Thankfully, my mom and aunt decided to come assist me. I second guessed the decision at least 5 times before we left and another 5 times once I got home. The day it got painted I just knew I wouldn't like it and the colors were too light...I was stressing a little bit! But it's been a full 24 hours the paint has dried and I'm in love with it....I can't wait to see the finished look after this week! Below is a sneak peek at t he paint colors...although the bottom really isn't that dark! I'm hoping to do a post on the nursery before/in progress/and after this week sometime!

.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment