Sunday, June 23, 2013

Bumpdate: 24 Weeks


24 weeks
Gender: Female, Ella Nicole

Movement: EVERYDAY!  which is normal and I'm so happy about that!  I worried for so many days why I couldn't feel her and now I wake up and go to sleep with her moving inside of me.  It's kinda (alot) crazy when I think about it.  Her movements are getting bigger and lasting longer so David has been able to feel her a few times.  I feel like he gets left out when he doesn't get a chance to feel her.  Normally when I tell him to feel she stops...of course.  But now since it's so often he's able to feel her!

23 weeks
Weight Gain:  I was up 11 pounds last Dr. appt.  I would assume I've gained another 2 pounds since then....haven't got on the scale to check at home though.

Food Cravings:  I'm still eating a lot of fresh fruit and salad.  I also notice I have candy everyday...this isn't really anything new though, I've loved candy my whole life.  I guess now I just give myself an excuse to eat it more often.  I'm still not a huge fan of chicken unless it's fried.  I'm more of a red meat girl right now.

22 weeks
Favorite Moment This Week:  Since it's been a few weeks since I've done an update I have a few favorite moments.  1) Her first piece of furniture arriving.  Her glider and ottoman came in Tuesday.  David's been so busy with work though he hasn't had time to put it together.  2)  I've heard that during pregnancy men don't really get as sentimental as the women because well they're not carrying the baby.  Every couple of days David will just put his hand on my belly and smile....it melts my heart!  Even though he's not experiencing her like I am I know he's just as excited :)

Funniest Moment This Week:  It happened in Target.  I got the giggles because of David's sarcastic response to something I did. I started hysterically laughing and if anyone knows me when I start laughing I start coughing.  So here I am with the giggles and trying to cough my way through this giggle fit when I realize my bladder isn't as strong as it was pre-Ella.  I'm sure you get the drift of where this is going.  Then I just start laughing more because of what just happened....David proceeds to act like he doesn't know me and walks to checkout.  I was still crying when I finally made it to the register :)

Sleeping:  Sleeping isn't what is used to be.  I find myself waking up more frequently and being more restless in the early morning.  Thankfully I'm able to fall back asleep it's just not a good well-rested sleep.

Maternity Clothes:  I have been regularly wearing some bermuda shorts that are maternity, but other than that the belly band is still helping me out.  I was given a bunch of maternity clothes from my cousin and I'm in that weird in between stage where my clothes don't fit and the maternity pants don't fit yet either.  So I'm trying to hold out as long as possible so I don't have to buy a lot when I already have 3 drawers full of some pretty cute stuff!

What I Miss:  Eating without a burning sensation in my esophagus....thanks indigestion!


What I’m Looking Forward To: David putting the glider together and getting the nursery ready.  This will be at least another month though while I wait for the furniture to come in....

Here are some pics of the nursery!

Before and After


As you can see when we bought the house there was already a chair rail in this room.  Since it was already there I decided to try and do something to accent it.  I had seen in dining rooms where bead board or framing would be placed under the chair rail.  I loved it and found on Pinterest where it had been done in nurseries too.  I wanted to make sure it didn't look too formal...I mean there will be a small little one in here wreaking havoc in it soon :)


When it came time to pick out the colors I originally wanted the bottom to be white.  After some thought I realized it would probably get dirty easily so I scratched that idea.  I knew I wanted the room to be a neutral color.  I'm not a huge fan of the bubblegum pink/pepto bismol colors or anything too bright so I was a little nervous about choosing a pink to go in the room.  But I got talked in to it and wanted to be clear with my mom and aunt it needed to be a soft, pale pink.


The lighting in the picture is a little off but the colors I picked were just what I wanted.  The pictures show both colors a little dark.  I must say the morning before the paint went on I definitely had second thoughts about the colors.  I thought I hadn't gone dark enough and the room was going to look too pale and the colors were going to be too close together.  I am not good at picking out paint and making decisions....I second guess everything!  


In the end though I am absolutely in love with the colors.  Our furniture is a darker wood in between a cherry and espresso.  I think it's going to look great with the soft colors on the wall.  This is Ella's bedding....I think everything is going to turn out just how I visioned it, which rarely happens! Ha!

I'm so excited to start putting it all together.  I feel like time is flying by in this pregnancy!

0 comments: