Sunday, April 28, 2013

16 Weeks: Bumpdate

So there are a couple of blogs I follow where a couple of women are also pregnant and they do the cutest Bumpdate every week.  I love the idea and am excited to keep track of how each week goes.  I seem to forget a lot and I hear it only gets worse with pregnancy :)  I want to be able to look back and remember the good and the bad!  I know most people probably don't care all that much, but I know some of my family will read it!


16 weeks


Gender: We find out 2 weeks from tomorrow!  

Movement: Haven't felt anything yet, but rumor has it I should be feeling flutters very soon :)

Weight Gain: I'll be honest I kinda didn't want to make this something I update every time.  But I thought if I updated this every week and anyone who decides to read this will know I might be more careful about what I eat!  We'll see how it goes....this may disappear in a couple of weeks.  Anyways, so far I think I've gained about 6 or 7 pounds.  Last doctor's appointment I was up 4 pounds and I'm assuming I've gained a few more pounds since then.  I'm definitely starting to show though, at least I think so anyways.

Food Cravings: Anything salty especially potato chips and I love candy (airheads, skittles, laffy taffy).  Unfortunately, my first trimester did not consist of many home cooked meals.  I couldn't stand the thought of preparing food.  I still can't stand the thought of handling raw chicken, so my poor husband had to eat a lot of sandwiches and eggs and bacon.  Thankfully, between my parents, his parents, and Aunt Cindy we were able to eat some good home-cooked meals every once in a while.  And now I'm feeling like cooking a lot more but David is on pm shift and isn't home for dinner :(

Favorite Moment This Week: Being able to feel my belly forming makes me get very excited. It definitely makes it more real as I see the changes in my torso!  Also, someone I work with had a baby this past week and when she sent me the picture of her sweet little boy it made me hope these next 5 months will fly by!

Funniest Moment This Week: David sometimes talks to my belly which is super sweet but funny at the same time.  He talks in this weird voice that he talks to his friends in.  I use to hear it all the time when he lived with Szuch and John and it just cracks me up he decides to use this "voice" to talk to our baby.  

Sleeping: Sleeping great.  I'm thinking about getting a pregnancy pillow...any thoughts/advice?

Maternity Clothes: So far I'm still in my regular clothes.  But I see the use of the belly band as a daily accessory in my near future.

What I Miss: Other than caffeine nothing much has changed.  I get headaches every day so sometimes caffeine is just needed!

What I'm Looking Forward To: I can't wait to feel that first flutter and in 2 what seems like long weeks we'll find out the gender :)

And here are some pics to track the "bump."  I started taking pictures at 12 weeks.


From left to right: 12 weeks, 13 weeks, 15 weeks
14 weeks


4 comments:

Kellie Ray said...

you look great! I'm a little over half of where you are and feel like I'm showing already lol. I guess it's second baby stuff that everyone talks about. It's such an exciting time to find out what you're having and going shopping is so much fun. Get a body pillow for sure, they're awesome! Happy Monday! See you at school tomorrow ;)

AmyD72 said...

Lindsey,
I'm so glad I can follow your pregnancy this way since we don't get to see each other as often as I'd like! I have to say, the belly band is a staple I couldn't have lived without during my pregnancy, and I'm sure you'll get much needed relief when the time comes.
It was great seeing you last night. Thanks for stopping by, even if it was to see your dad!
Amy

Carrie said...

You look so adorable! Praying for healthy pregnancy and baby!

Lindsey said...

Thanks y'all! Amy, Katie finally sent her belly bands home with Aunt Cindy so I will definitely start using them soon!