When people say time flies it really does! I still cannot believe David and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary last Monday! It felt like just yesterday we were planning the wedding.
We had a very nice, simple, and relaxing day....it was just what we wanted. Lucky for me our anniversary actually fell on Memorial Day so I had the day off and since David doesn't get holidays off he just took off. We woke up and exchanged cards and had breakfast on our back porch. We didn't get each other gifts because there was nothing either of us really wanted or needed. I also want to stick to the appropriate gifts for each specific year. The first year is traditionally paper and also time. Since our cards were made of paper it worked perfectly! It was so beautiful that day we ended up just going to his parents house and floating in their pool all day. Then we came back and got ready to go to dinner. He surprised me by telling me we were going to eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I've always wanted to go to there because I've heard so many amazing things about it. And it lived up to it's expectations; it was most definitely the best and most tender steak I've ever put in my mouth! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Unfortunately it's super expensive! But it's nice to splurge every once in a while and like we said we'll only have one 1st anniversary!
Thankfully we had about an hour drive home so were were able to prepare our bellies for some of our cake! I had my reservations about how good it would actually be, but it was so delicious!
I'm so blessed to have a husband like David. I thank God every night for how he lead us together. I used to say, "it's funny how things work out," but I now know things don't happen by coincidence; God has his hand in everything! I love you, David, and can't wait to spend the next 50 plus years together!


2 comments:
aww yay! congrats! cute dress by the way! :)
Thank you!!
Post a Comment