Well it has been well over a month since my last post...whoops! I guess time just gets away from me. When I first started to blog I thought I would post at least once a week, but that hasn't really been the case. Maybe my life isn't as interesting as I thought it would be!
Anyways, there has been a lot going on and I wanted to do a little recap of the last month or so.....
Back in March was my 2 nephews' birthday. They both have the same birthday, which falls on St. Patrick's Day. Aiden turned 2 and Ashton turned 1. My sister did a Mickey Mouse themed birthday party and it was so cute! It was supposed to be a small family gathering and close friends, but with our family the house was packed! They also had a kiddie pool and water slide set up for all the kids....it turned out great! Here's some pics from the party.
Then a couple weeks later my brother and his 2 kids came down for a week! It was a bittersweet visit. Since my Grandpa passed away last August my uncle and aunt have been going through his house and cleaning it out. My brother came down to help out, so that was a tough. I am a very nostalgic person, and it's very difficult to get rid of things that have memories attached with them and mean something to me. Unfortunately though we can't hold on to everything. I only had 18 years with my Granny and 22 with my Grandpa and there was so much in that house that reminded me of them I can only imagine how my uncle and brother feel. Funny story I have to share.....There was this yellow and green, awful looking afghan my Granny had to use as a blanket for as long as I can remember. I have no idea why we used it as a blanket because the holes from the knitting were so big, it would not keep you warm. Anyways, my brother as he was going through things struggled with whether or not to keep it or give it to goodwill. If he kept it, he would do nothing with it because it can't actually be used as a blanket and he definitely would not drape it over a couch for decor purposes, so he ended up giving it to goodwill. When he got back to my house later that day, we were looking through pictures and in about every five pictures there was that ugly afghan! He told me about his struggle and we laughed about it. Over the next few days I realized I really wanted that ugly thing. So I went to the thrift store and it was still there! So now it sits in a drawer in my house. I know I will never use it, but it gives me comfort knowing that I have it! Even though the past 2 times my brother has come down have not been for fun (when my Grandpa was passing and then this time), I still enjoy every minute they're here. I wish our lives allowed us to visit with each other more, but maybe since we can't we really appreciate when we do have time together!
Changing subjects.....
For the better part of April, my husband has been working hard getting our yard in tip top shape! And I must say it looks great! We (well I should say David and his dad) sodded part of our front yard last May. Throughout the whole summer and fall it looked beautiful. The sod took to the ground and everything. Then for whatever reason over the winter it completely died and did not come back at all. David was so upset because the rest of our grass is so plush and then we had dead, gray grass in the front. It was an eyesore. But thankfully David did some research and decided to put seed down instead of buying new sod, thank goodness because sod is not cheap! The seed is working really well and the grass is coming back! Our front yard, in my opinion, is one of the best in the neighborhood :) We also got our flowerbed in the backyard looking great. We planted some hydrangeas, which I love! They just started to bloom a little this week and they are light green, with a hint of pink!
Lastly, I just went to visit my cousin Katie, her husband Brian, and their sweet little one Addison. Addison is one of the cutest little kids I have seen and I really don't think I'm being biased. The trip was a for a long weekend and it was so relaxing and just great! I mean they even went to bed at like 9:30 or 10...that is my type of vacation! They are moving down here in June and I am so excited that they will be closer....only an hour drive instead of 2 plane rides away in NJ!
Well I have to start studying, which I will be doing outside on my porch enjoying this beautiful weekend! Hope everyone has a great and blessed weekend also!
PS. I really am going to start trying to post more often, that way my posts won't be a book long and people will actually read past the first paragraph!




1 comments:
Lindsey,
I loved that Afghan...it definitely wasn't well known for it's warmth, but just to look at it reminds me of her... i love you.
Brittney
Post a Comment