Friday, March 16, 2012

Pink Picasso

Well I just wanted to share with everyone this fun little place downtown called Pink Picasso.  It's a little art studio where you can have paint parties with your friends!  I had seen some of my friends on Facebook go to these little parties and thought it was such a fun idea.  Well I get daily Groupons emailed to me and one day a Groupon for Pink Picasso came up.  I immediately bought it assuming my friends would be interested.  Well we finally got around to scheduling a day where everyone could make it.

***As a side note, it is very hard to schedule for all us girls to get together for one night!  I guess that's what happens when we grow up and have adult/work lives, families, and significant others!  I'm very thankful for my friends.  We always talk about how we want to get together and it just never works out.  Then we look back to just a few years ago when we were always together.  I'm glad that even though we don't see each other or even talk to each other as much we can always just pick right up when we do get to spend time together and I know without a doubt I could call any of them and they would be there for me!

Anyways, back to this painting party.....it was sooo much fun!  Pink Picasso supplies all of the art supplies, canvases, and anything else you would need except for food and drink, but it's welcome if you bring it yourself.  Since we had ours in the evening, Katie made some appetizers and brownies and we brought a bottle of wine.  We were able to eat and drink while painting.  It was very laid back atmosphere.



Ally is the owner and master painter.  She is wonderful.  We had no idea how this worked.  I thought everything was free hand.  My friend, Candice, thought it was like paint with colors.  So we literally had no idea what were getting ourselves into.  We all had to pick the same painting.  There were so many to choose from on the website.  We all wanted something we could hang in our houses.  (Well I actually didn't think I would hang mine because I definitely didn't think mine would turn out good enough where I would want to look at it everyday!)  So we ended up choosing a cross, which was beautiful and you could do it any colors you wanted!


Normally I am a super obsessive control freak.  But for whatever reason I went into this painting party with no pressure on myself whatsoever.  Normally I would have analyzed and analyzed and then over analyzed what colors I should use, making sure all my paint strokes went the same way, and on and on.  But Ally was super comforting and said that anything we thought we messed up could be fixed and not to stress, so that's exactly what I did.  Morgan of course started questioning my behavior and was like what in the world has gotten into you?! Ha!  Katie also suggested that I must have taken something before we came!  But I didn't, I decided to just not stress, which is so not me!  Stressing over "nothings" and OCD is something I struggle with daily!  So this laid back attitude is something I'm going to try out more often....we'll see how that goes!

Anyways, all of our paintings turned out great...even mine!  I was very surprised at all the colors I used.  I am normally a neutral or black/brown type girl, but this had splashes of teal and purple and green.  I think Pinterest is changing my perspective on colors being a good thing!  The first thing I did when I got home was call my mom because I knew she would really appreciate me stepping out of my comfort zone and using colors!


Candice was the perfectionist of the night.  She did all the worrying, analyzing, and stressing for everyone!  But I have to say her's was one of my favorites!  I loved the colors she picked.


We all said we wanted to do this like once a month.  Like a supper club, but with painting!  I thought it would be a good idea to come back with our moms and have another girls day or night!  It's great that all our moms get along and are friends, so getting us all together would be a lot of fun!




If any girls are looking for a fun night this is a great idea!!  We stayed for about 2 hours, but depending on how slow or fast you want to paint you can stay as long as you want!


Hope everyone has great weekend!  Hopefully I will be getting a post up Sunday night about my nephews birthday party tomorrow.  Ashton turns 1 and Aiden turns 2....both on St. Patrick's Day.  

0 comments: