Two weekends ago my family was able to celebrate my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. WOW! Sixty years is a really, really long time. It is a huge milestone.
![]() |
| They are just the cutest! |
I'm so thankful that I was blessed with three sets of grandparents who have been married fifty plus years. I believe my Granny and Grandpa (who are no longer with us) made it to 62 years and my mom's parents are just a few years shy of 60. I love that the kids of the family have such good examples to look up to.
I feel like these days the word and act of divorce is thrown around way too loosely. And let me clarify that I certainly don't look down or judge people who are divorced or have been divorced. I just think our society today doesn't take marriage as seriously as it should be. When David and I started to talk about the idea of marriage it was so important to me to get out how I felt about it and find out his thoughts. Thankfully he feels the same way I do. I find so much comfort knowing that David will be by my side through everything. I don't expect our marriage to be perfect, but I know that no matter what he will be there. I saw this pin on Pinterest and it just stuck out to me and I really wish more people would think this way.
My Grandma and Grandpa Winkles I truly believe have lived this next quote throughout their lives. The way they live their lives has showed me it's not only about making your spouse happy, but ultimately glorifying God. The way they love their Father, love each other, and love our family is so inspiring to me! Thanks to them for being the example of how we should be as Christians and spouses.
Here are some family pics from.....
Hope everyone is home enjoying some time indoors! And for those of you that have the courage to brave the flooding and rain...good luck and be safe :)










0 comments:
Post a Comment