Sunday, January 8, 2012

Returning to Normalcy

I love the holidays, but I am glad the busyness and chaos that comes with it has passed.  I feel like December was such a whirlwind.  I really thought this year I would have the decorations up early, presents wrapped and under the tree, and I would really be able to enjoy the season and some of the festivities that come with it....of course that did not happen.  My house was an absolute disaster for most of December and there was always something that needed to be done.  Oh well next year hopefully I can really get to enjoy everything and relax!!

Since I am a girl that LOVES routine I am very glad to get back in the swing of things.  I am absolutely ecstatic that my husband is on the day shift.  Lucky for me, I get to spend every single evening with him and he's off on the weekends.  This is by far my favorite shift he works.  I love getting to cook each night (well most nights) and actually getting to see each other and hang out!  I only have 3 more weeks of this since his shift changes every 4 so I will definitely be soaking it in.  So during January I'm going to try and not spend so much time on Pinterest and catching up on the blogs in the evenings and really spend some quality time with my husband!

I'm so thankful for a relatively low key/normal weekend.  The house got cleaned, the cars got washed, went to the grocery store, we were able to go to Church and Sunday School, we ate with the in-laws...these are the weekends I love most.

I have some exciting news that most of you probably already know, but just in case you don't know....my best friend, Morgan, is pregnant!!  I am so excited for her.  She has been a fabulous mother to her 2 step-kids and I know she will continue to do this with her own.  Now that she is pregnant her along with everyone else keeps saying, "you're next" or "it's y'alls turn now."  Well as of now we are not planning on any little ones, we want to wait a while longer.  I absolutely love being an Aunt to all 9 of my nieces and nephews, but I also love giving them back to their parents!  I'm hoping and praying for a healthy, full-term pregnancy for Morgan and Josh, and then a sweet little, healthy baby that I can't wait to meet!

Hope everyone has a great week.  I'm sure pretty much everyone will be tuning into the big BCS National Championship Game tomorrow night.  I'm kind of sad that it's the last college football game for another 9 months! Oh well!  Hopefully this rematch will be more exciting than the one earlier this season!!

0 comments: