Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Fun!

Well this weekend in one word was....awesome!  We had a busy, but very fun weekend!

Friday night we went and tried out this new yogurt place in Pace, Sweet Frog, it was sooo good!  And on top of it being so good, I realized it's a Christian establishment.  Frog in Sweet Frog stands for Fully Rely On God.  I told David that since it was a Christian establishment we should be coming here at least two to three times a week to add to their profits (it's for a good cause, right?)...he didn't really go for that! Hahaha.


Saturday morning we were both able to sleep in which for me isn't as late as it used to be.  I was wide awake by 8:15.  I used to could sleep until after lunch!!  First thing on the agenda was my friend Brittany's baby shower.  Little Bryant should be here in March.  It was a wonderful shower and Brittany was just glowing! I'm so happy for her!  Here is a pic of us girls at the shower!



Then I got to go with my friend Candice to try on wedding dresses.  I was so excited, I love all the pretty dresses and am an absolute sucker for a dress with lace.  We went to Bridal Suite off 9 Mile and for anyone who is in the market for a wedding dress, they are the nicest people and so helpful.  I was able to find mine there in a couple hours.  Now Candice on the other hand is a teensy bit picky, BUT she is only going to get married once and she wants to find the perfect dress.   Of course all the dresses looked good on her, but in my opinion there was one that stood out!  She wasn't completely sold, but I have faith that she will definitely not settle for anything but her perfect dress!

Later Saturday night David and I got to attend a marriage seminar at our church called A Love Worth Fighting For and the speaker was Kirk Cameron (Mike from Growing Pains) with music by Warren Barfield. It was very good and I am always on the lookout for ways David and I can strengthen our marriage.  We didn't go into this broken, but there are always ways for us to build and strengthen our relationship.  We definitely took something away from that seminar last night and I am so thankful for that.  And let me just say that Warren Barfield wasn't just the musical act he was the comedy act as well.  He is hilarious!  I could have listened to him all night.  It's always comforting to be able to hear Christian speakers be real and not act like their life is all put together and perfect.  We all go through problems, even the strongest of believers.

Today is how I hope to spend most of my Sundays from now on!  We got up went to church, came home ate lunch, napped, read, went back to church, just an all around good day! It's so nice when the house has already been cleaned and there's nothing that I absolutely have to do on Sunday afternoons.

Well I hope everyone has a good week! (Whoever actually reads these posts!)  Later this week David and I will be  watching my sister's kids which are 9 years old, 22 months, and 10 months...prayers are welcomed!  Just kidding I am looking forward to it!  I know it will be a lot of fun and very tiring! It'll probably be some good birth control for the hubs and I!

3 comments:

Heather Williams said...

Its so great to hear that the married life is working out wonderfully for you two! I love reading your posts and hope that one day ill be happily married too! :)

Lindsey said...

Thanks girl! I love the married life! And you will be, patience is a virtue! :)

Carrie said...

I said the exact same thing about Sweet Frog - love that place!