I just wanted to let everyone know how awesome the movie Courageous is! My husband and I and our friends Morgan and Josh went and saw it last night. I believe everyone especially fathers should go and see this movie....now! The movie's focus is for fathers, but it still shows a good example of how all people should live their lives by honoring God. Obviously I'm not a father and neither is my husband, but the message is for anyone who wants to lead a Godly life. Even though we aren't parents right now I think we should start living for God and honoring him, so then we will be a good example for our children. I don't want to be a "good enough" Christian or parent when it comes time, I want to be the best I can be! I really want to discuss some of my favorite scenes and why they were my favorite scenes, but I don't want to spoil any of it! Here is the trailer for the movie.
The acting isn't the best, but the message completely makes up for it. I also think the sub-par acting makes it more realistic for me. Although there are some sad and inspiring moments in the movie there are also some very very funny parts! I encourage everyone to go and see this and hopefully it challenges us all to live a more God honoring lifestyle!
On a side note, we are having some additions added to the house this week! When I bought the house the back porch was really more like a back slab of concrete. I wanted more than that and 3 years later we're getting it. It's not going to be the porch of my dreams, but we are expanding the patio and putting a patio cover on part of it. In my next post you will learn why porches and spaces like that have such meaning to me. We are also going to be refinishing some patio furniture. Very excited about the outcome of this project and this weather is perfect for sitting out on the back porch . I will post some of the finished pics at the end of the week.


1 comments:
Just thought I would check in and get a glimpse into the your thoughts. Ashley and I are going to have to check out the movie and I can't wait to see the porch on Saturday!
Post a Comment