Thursday, October 25, 2012

Catching Up...

Well it has been a very looong time since I last blogged, but things have been crazy in my life!  I plan to catch you up with what's been going on and trust me it's nothing too exciting.  The only reason I have time to write this now is because I'm home sick...pink eye and a sinus infection :(  The joys of a first year teacher;  I was told my first couple of years I'll catch everything until I can build my immune system up.

So did you notice I said first year teacher??  Most of you already know this, but I started teaching this year and absolutely love it!  Call me crazy.  I'll try and sum up the journey quickly.....

I received my degree in Health Care Admin and started by masters in Health Care in 2011.  This time last year I had a gut feeling I wasn't doing what I wanted to be doing.  I absolutely despised going to school for something I felt like wasn't what I wanted to do.  But, I honestly felt like I had put so much into getting my degree in Health Care I shouldn't turn back.  So I started praying a lot.  I just asked that the Lord to lead me and guide me into the career path where I could best serve him and not just what I want to do, which was teach.  This was a struggle because I just knew that teaching is what I wanted to do but I also needed to remember that I'm here to serve Him and no matter what career path He placed me in I would learn to love it.   As I continued to pray doors started opening with teaching and I started feeling a peace that I was headed in the right direction.  Lucky for me my plan and His plan aligned this time.  Who knows if I'll be in this profession forever, but right now I couldn't be happier with where I am.  After praying and feeling that sense of this is exactly where I should be and this is where the Lord wants me is a great feeling!

Anyways, with no background or experience in teaching other than subbing I was able to find someone who believed enough in me to give me an interim position.  So for the past couple of months I've been teaching 2nd grade in a co-teaching environment and I have learned so much.  God knew that position is exactly what I needed.  I am so thankful for what I have learned and the joy I get from teaching those kids.  Unfortunately, it's coming to an end in the middle of November and what's after that I don't know yet!  I did find out that I'll be at the school for the remainder of the year, but I'm not sure exactly what it is I'll be doing yet.

Along with teaching I have also kept my job at the pharmacy and enrolled in a program called the Teacher Ready program.  It's an extensive 9 month program developed for people who did not receive degrees in education and it's a crash course training program.  There is a lot of information crammed into those 9 months.  Thankfully, since my dad is the boss man at the pharmacy he's been very understanding.  I'm able to go work at the pharmacy in the afternoons after I get done with school.

So between teaching, the pharmacy, and my own school I have been a teeny bit busy to say the least.  There is also another very understanding man in my life....my husband.  He has supported me through all of this especially my decision in taking time off from grad school to pursue teaching.  He also handles my outbursts and sometimes constant complaining of feeling overwhelmed very well :)  As busy as I've been he's been just as busy with his own work.  He works like it's going out of style!  We both decided this past week that we need to find some time to slow down and start enjoying things more.  Hopefully, there will be future posts about all the fun stuff we're going to do.....

If you're still reading at this point thanks for coming back!  My goal when I started blogging was really to blog a little more often than once every 3 months, but sometimes life just gets in the way!

1 comments:

Drew Winkles said...

I've been waiting for a new post!!