Well this post is looooong over due because both babies I threw baby showers for are here and weeks old! Oh well I always have good intentions of writing and blogging more, but then other things come up!
For those of you who don't already know I threw two baby showers on back to back weekends for our friends Shane & Kayla and then my best friend Morgan. These are the first showers I actually tried to decorate according to a theme. I wanted to theme each shower around the babies' nurseries. Kayla did Parker's nursery in all sorts of different colors that went together really well. But mainly it was an aqua/teal, baby pink, light green, gray, and dark brown. Morgan's nursery for Cooper was a safari theme.
![]() |
| Parker's Nursery |
David's mom helped me throw the shower for them. I don't know what I would have done without her! And it was fun doing all the shopping and getting her opinion of everything. She has never thrown any type of baby shower, well within the past 10 years, so it was fun and we got to spend a lot of time together! We were able to have it over at my in-laws house and they have a huge porch. I've been over there a hundred times and until they cleared all their furniture out of it I didn't realize how big it was. In order to seat everyone we had to setup tables outside. I was a little nervous about the weather and temperature because it was in June, but since we had the shower at 5 it wasn't too bad. Of course my brilliant husband thought to bring cornhole so while the ladies chatted and got caught up with everyone the boys played cornhole after we ate. Since it was a coed shower and at 5, we decided to have a full dinner. For some reason when I think about coed showers I can't seem to wrap my mind around boys eating finger foods like chicken salad sandwiches and fruit. Ha! Maybe it's just me, but I always feel like we need more of a cookout when men are involved. We indeed had so much food and of course a lot left over, but the shower was a huge success. Sweet Miss Parker got some cute things out of it!
It's obvious (well to myself) that I don't blog very often because I always want to take pictures thinking "oh, this will be a good blog post" and then I always forget. So I took these decoration pictures after the shower was over!
Morgan's shower was also a huge success and I had help from her mom, MIL, and SIL. Morgan's shower was the same weekend we got all the terrible rain and flooding. But even with the torrential downpours and flooding she had a really good turn out! Since she just had one huge shower, we were able to give it in my parent's church's Family Activities Building.
We ordered the petit fours from Publix Bakery and they were so good and cute! Thanks to my sister for helping me make the diaper cakes, well she pretty much made them and I just supervised :)
I found these invitations on Etsy at two different shops. I didn't realize how much cute stuff you could buy from different Etsy shops for showers and parties!
And here are pictures of sweet Parker and Cooper


The pictures above and below were taken by Jordan Burch
Those are some sweet babies and I can't wait to meet Parker!

















0 comments:
Post a Comment