Thursday, December 1, 2011

December = Busy, Busy

I can't believe it's already December...This year has flown by.  I also can't believe I've been married for 6 months! Wow.

December is such a busy month for everyone with all the family get togethers, work Christmas parties, friend Christmas parties and on and on.  I have so much to look forward to this month and am very excited for all of it!

1. After today I will be almost officially done with this semester! Yay!  My exams will be over with and all I   have left is to put some finishing touches on a final project, which I will take care of Sunday!

2.  I get to finish decorating this weekend and thankfully will have time to clean this house!!

3. Tomorrow and Saturday I am going to the Beth Moore conference with my mom.  I am so excited, I've never really been to anything like this before, so I don't really know what to expect.  She has a women's ministry called  Living Proof Ministries.  I hear she is a wonderful speaker and can't wait to learn some Godly things about being a woman, wife, friend, and one day mother!

(Source: Living Proof Ministries)

4. One of my good friends, Candice, got engaged in October, and me and some more of my friends are throwing her and her fiance an engagement party next week.  I'm so excited about all the little details that are going in to this.

(Source: Facebook)

5. My birthday is right around the corner...12 days to be exact! 

6. I'm hosting my work Christmas party!  It's an ornament exchange...I love those!

7. My mom and Aunt Teresa continued a tradition of my granny's a few years back, which is making fruit cake for my grandpa.  My grandparents were married I think 60+ years and she made him a fruit cake every single year except the last year she was alive because she was so sick.  Even when he was in the military overseas she sent one to him.  He loved him some fruitcake!  I'm not a big fruitcake fan, in fact I don't like it at all, and no one other than my mom and Grandpa like it. But since he loves it sooo much they continued to make it for him.  Even though earlier this year he went to be with the Lord, we still want to carry on that tradition...who knows we may grow to like fruit cake!  Anyways, I'll be getting together with family to make that later on this month.

And here's a picture of my Grandpa from last Christmas...isn't he so handsome?!


8. Christmas of course will be here before we know it.

9. Lastly, my brother and his family (that live in NC) is supposed to be coming down sometime after Christmas.  He hasn't told me when yet, but it better be soon!  I miss them.

I hope everyone can find time to relax and enjoy this time of year!  Even though I have a full schedule ahead most of it will be spending time with family.  Hope we can all not get caught up in the commercialized aspect of Christmas, but really remember what CHRISTmas is all about and spend time with the ones we love!

0 comments: