Monday, November 7, 2011

The Day Has Come....

You know the old saying "I thought I'd never see the day when_____."  Well I was able to see that day come over the weekend!  My mom called and asked ME for a recipe.  I was in shock.  We both kind of laughed about it because she even said, "didn't think this day would come!"  Secondly, I got asked (trusted) to bring a dish over for a Winkles family gathering!  That is huge in my book.  My family trusts my cooking skills to finally eat my food.  I love being able to participate and help with the cooking and baking.  I made homemade baked beans and they were a hit!  And as far as I know no one has gotten sick yet :)

This weekend was an overall great weekend!  Saturday was my Grandpa's 80th birthday and we had a birthday party for him yesterday at my aunt's house.  Him and my Grandma have been married almost 60 years and they are such Godly people to look up to.


Yesterday was a wonderful day to worship and serve the Lord.  When I got up yesterday I was already making excuses about why I didn't have time to go to church.  Then I realized I shouldn't make time for church and for my God, these should come first and I should make time for the other things in my life.  I am so glad I went to church because I felt revived and renewed afterwards and I love to learn about Him.  During the course of my Grandpa's birthday  my family was talking about this Thirst conference going on at their church this week.  My husband and I decided to go and gosh was I glad.  The revival team is amazing.  Most of the leaders are young people my age age (18-25) who are taking a year at a time out of their life to serve the Lord and do his work and travel on the road reviving churches and teaching kids.  It is an amazing team and I encourage everyone who is feeling like they need some direction, or is just holding on, or maybe just wants to continue to strengthen their relationship with the Lord to come out tonight at 7pm at Pine Terrace.  Last night I got reminded of why we exist and that is to serve the Lord and glorify Him in everything we do!

Hope everyone has a great week.  I am feeling super motivated.....I hope this feeling is still here by Wednesday!

And one more thing, I don't know if I've really said why I am writing this blog, but I really want to be able to keep up with life.  I love being able to share my feelings about my faith, my family, my husband and things that are going on in my life so I can look back and see where and what I was doing during this stage in my life.  

0 comments: