I have been looking and following some different blogs for some time now and finally decided to take the plunge and create one for myself. After a few days of tinkering with the design I decided that I was not going to be able to design this myself (well not how I wanted anyways). Lucky me I ran across Melissa with Shabby Creations who is very talented and has some very inexpensive templates! If you ever think about creating a blog and want a cute little template check out her site!
Every time I tell people I'm going to start a blog the most common question is "What are you going to blog about?" My response....I don't really know, everything I guess! My life is not super exciting, so we shall see how it goes. There will most definitely be some very random posts I'm quite sure of, lots of pictures, and maybe even recipes because I love to cook. I'm currently in grad school so this also may become my way to vent about being in school until I finish, which is a year away.....
I want to go ahead and explain my blog title because I feel like most people will think I don't know correct grammar. I do, I promise. My friend Morgan's husband actually came up with this title...thanks Josh! I wanted something that had some meaning for me and My Fathers' Daughter was the winner! My fathers include my earthly fathers Mike and David and most importantly my Heavenly Father. To make a long story short.....My biological dad, Mike passed away when I was a little girl and though we were all hurting at that time God had a plan. That plan was to bring into my life yet another incredible person I get to call Dad, David. Since I was so young when my dad passed away I didn't get to know him and the type of man he was. Sixteen years have passed and I have never heard someone say a bad thing about him. It is unbelievable to learn the type of impact he had on people's lives. Even though I didn't know him personally my family has told me so many stories and has showed and told me about the love he had for his Father, family, friends, and career. I have learned so much from all the stories. There are so many kids out there who can't say this about their Dad and I feel so blessed to be able to. On top of that wonderful man God placed another in my life. David, my step-father, has always been like a Dad to me from day one. He is also a man of character and integrity and has taught me so much about life, my relationships especially with God, and so much more. God was definitely watching out for me and of course knew what he was doing when he placed this special man in my mom and I's life. This story should prove that my ultimate Father has always been there and had a plan for my life. I feel beyond blessed to be able to have fathers in my life that I can rely on and learn so much from. This is why My Fathers' Daughter is such a meaningful blog title for me!
Sorry the short story turned long!
Have a good week everyone!
A Savory, Shrimpy Summer Soup
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment